Friday, April 08, 2005

Meyer Lemon Marmalade


Meyer Lemon Marmalade
Originally uploaded by michelle1975.



I know, I know, it seems like marmalade madness over at our house, but I need to make the year's worth before all the citrus fruits are out of season. I did this one in the fine-shred style, thinking it was more delicate than whole fruit or thick-cut. I was right. The subtle flavour of the Meyer lemons comes through with a magical caramel taste. Don't ask me how that happened. I am mystified. I made nine jars of this stuff, 125 ml each. It worked out to about 2 lemons per jar. There must be some way to work that into the name of this marmalade...

m

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the question on everyone's mind is this: Where did you get the lemons?

michelle said...

Why, at Chez Nino at Jean-Talon market. I called first to make sure they had some, biking full speed all the way there and then bought all they had. That was last Sunday. Maybe they have more now? 277-8902.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Love your blog. Montreal is such a great city for food.

-Matt K.
(Sorry I didn't sign the last one!)